Adult TAI CHI Exercises for Holistic Health
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Not sure what to expect... please join us for an easy to do trial class with our accomplished instructor, Jonathan Davis on Jan. 21 or 28 at 1:15pm, W.H. Senior Center -Johnson or Jan. 23 or 30 at 6:15pm, Molloy Bldg - Winter/Spring session GYM/AP room on the 1st FL. or Top Fl Rm #15 if necessary. Please choose only one trial date- thank you for your cooperation.
TAI CHI Ch'uan, is an ancient form of Chinese martial arts and other traditional Chinese exercises like Chi Gong that improves one's balance, posture, breathing, immune system, focus, concentration and strengthens muscle groups in the body. Tai Chi exercise is also approved and recommended by the Arthritis Foundation! Class emphasis will focus on the "Five Traditional Chinese Elements" and cleansing exercises associated with these elements that will benefit your overall well being. This exercise program is for all levels, NOVICE-ADVANCE. Your instructor will challenge your ability level. Participants are encouraged to discuss their exercise expectations with the instructor. Exercises are done both seated and standing.
*January session will include how to safeguard yourself while walking on BLACK ICE this winter season.
Two class times are available - Tuesday afternoons at 1:15pm & Thursday evenings at 6:15pm. We also offer a 2 day class option with senior discounts available for both classes.
Please note: The location for our TUES. afternoon class is at W.H. Senior Center, top fl. exercise room, 201 Noble Ave. THURS. evening class is at WHBOED Molloy Bldg. 255 Meloy Rd.; Winter & Spring Session Gym/AP room on the 1st FL and alternate location - top fl. room #15.
- Senior discount applies starting at 60 yrs.
- Easy to follow seated & standing exercises sanctioned by the Arthritis Foundation.
- Tues. class meets in the W.H. Senior Ctr. exercise room at Johnson Community Center, 201 Noble St. and Thu. class will meet at WHBOED Molloy Bldg. 255 Meloy Rd. Gym/AP room or Top FL. room#15.
- Class does not meet on state, federal holidays or inclement weather.
- TRIAL CLASS AVAILABLE the first night or call the office to schedule a date. Please sign waiver with the instructor prior to the trial.
THURSDAY CLASS ONLY- MAKE-UP on 3/5th for 2/6th-CANCELLATION & MAKE-UP on 3/12th for 2/13th-CANCELLATION