Swim Lessons: Learn - To - Swim (Children)
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Our Swim Lessons (American Red Cross) are 30 or 40 minutes, depending on the level.
FEE Resident: $50 for Parent Tot-Level 3 and $60 for Level 4 and up.
FEE Non-Resident: $60 for Parent Tot-Level 3 and $70 for Level 4 and up.
If this is your 1st time at WH Park Rec you MUST go online & input your child's information before registering your child for any swim programs. New accounts will not be opened in person at Park Rec on the Opening Day of Registration due to such a HIGH Demand for this Program.
If you need to come in & make your family account in person you MUST bring your child's Birth Certificate and also Photo ID verifying you live in WH prior to Opening Registration Day.
If you are a Returning Swimmer and coming into Park Rec. to register your child in Person, PLEASE bring in your Achievement Booklet and Swimmer Cards if you Successfully Completed any Levels.
Session 1: Fall Sept 7th - Oct 26th 2019
Resident Registration: Tuesday July 30th 2019 at 8:00am
Non-Resident Registration: Tuesday Aug 6th 2019 at 8:00am
Saturday Mornings between 9:00 a.m. and 12:10 p.m.
Registration Closes: Aug 30th 2019 @ 5pm
Session 2: Winter/Spring March 10th - May 12th 2018
Resident Registration: Tuesday Feb 6th 2018 at 8:00 am.
Non-Resident Registration: Tuesday Feb 13th 2018 at 8:00 am.
Saturday mornings between 9:00 a.m. and 12:10 p.m.
Registration Closes: Feb 27th, 2018
*No Classes on March 31st and April 21st 2018
Session 3: Summer June 30th - July 26th 2016
Resident Registration: May 24th 2016 at 8:00 am.
Non-Resident Registration: May 31st 2016 at 8:00 am.
Tuesday & Thursday evenings between 5:00 p.m. and 8:10 p.m.
Parent and Child Aquatics:
Builds basic water safety for both parents and children, helping infants and young children ages 6 months to about 3 years become comfortable in the water so they are willing and ready to learn to swim. These basic skills include adjusting to the water environment, showing comfort while maintaining a front or back position in the water and demonstrating breath control, including blowing bubbles or voluntarily submerging under water.
Gives young children ages 3-4 a positive, developmentally appropriate aquatic learning experience that emphasizes water safety, survival and foundational swimming concepts. Skills are age appropriats, helping participants achieve success on a regular basis while in a class envronment with their peers.
Based on a logical, six-level progression that helps swimmers 5+ years old and adults develop their water safety, survival and swimming skills. It is designed to give participants a positive learning experience.
- Parent and Child Aquatics: Our lessons emphasize body positioning, water adjustment and fun. Lessons are designed for youngsters 6-18 months, 18-36 months to 3 years. Parent must accompany child in the water.
- Preschool Aquatics: Our lessons are designed for youngsters who have previously enrolled in our Parent/Tot class. Lessons further emphasize the development of body positioning, water adjustment skills, functioning independently in the water and fun. Prerequisite: At least 1 Parent and Child class.
- Level 1/Introduction to Water Skills: Our lessons are designed for youngsters 5 and older. Lessons emphasize building self-confidence, breathing control skills and floating with support.
- Level 2/Fundamental Aquatic Skills: These lessons are designed for youngsters who feel comfortable in the water. Lessons emphasize floating independently, rhythmic breathing and underwater exploration. Prerequisite: Successful completion of Level 1.
- Level 3/Stroke Development: Our lessons emphasize coordinating components of the front and back crawl, demonstrating the fundamentals of elementary backstroke, introduction of the breaststroke, treading water and diving from kneeling and compact positions.
- Prerequisite: Successful completion of level 2.
- Level 4/Stroke Improvement: Our lessons emphasize further development of front and back crawl, elementary backstroke, introduction of the breaststroke, sidestroke, starts, turns and diving.
- Levels 5/Stroke Refinement: Provides further refinement of fundamental skills and add advanced skills, such as competitive starts, turns, butterfly stroke and springboard diving.
- There is online registration for Levels Parent Tot, Preschool and Level 1.
- Parent/Tot children MUST be accompanied into the water by an adult.
- All participants must wear a swim suit and should bring a towel.
- Classes through Level 3 are 30 minutes, Level 4 and up are 40 minutes.
- Please be ready to get in the water at the assigned time.
Additional Forms and Files: